Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New Year with New Hope!

Lately, I have fallen in love listening to a former HK DJ's radio shows. Her name is Chien Chien. She points out the funniest and the most interesting point-of-view to present issues around us! For instance, she would incorporate her love of animals into her speeches to describe human behaviors, or she would poke fun at people who are living in status quo. She now airs pre-recorded shows from LA, which you can find them here at: www.chienchien.net

I would like to take the opportunity to wish my readers a very happy Chinese New Year of Tiger! Gong Hei Fat Choi!!

Recently, due to the Winter Olympics happening in Vancouver, all my friends, classmates, and former colleagues, are talking about the games and how Canadians perform in the worldly event. Because my father lives in China, he pays attention only to Asian competitors! (eg. Korean, Chinese, etc) I share the same spirit with my fellow Canadians on CBC everyday that I cheer for Alex Bilodeau winning the first Canadian gold medal on the home soil! Felicitations pour faire du ski par excellence! Last night, I was watching the medalist ceremony on TV airing from BC Stadium. The minute that the Canadian national anthem was played, Bilodeau was filled with tears in his eyes!!! I feel very proud of the Canadian sport of ski. I also come to realize that my husband's love in skiing will also inspire my kids in the future to be more competent in home sports! Yes, we both consider Vancouver as our home, and Canada is our home country.

Talking with my father on the phone, I share the sentiment of joy in celebrating Chinese New year of my motherland. I take the opportunity this year to call people up locally and internationallly, especially to the seniors to wish them a Happy Chinese New Year of Tiger! I was chatting with a couple of mothers and grandmothers on the phone - they all sounded very happy, joyful, and peaceful in the new year to congratulate the younger ones for their stage in life. I have kept on receiving many blessings to bear a 'little tiger' this year! As promised, I keep trying and hopefully one day, God will grant me one!

I also went to a very special movie for the Valentine's weekend - it is called 'Fireproof Your Marriage.' It was starred by Kirk Cameron and Erin Bethea premiered on Sept 2008. It is a Christian movie that depicts a man who is a firefighter winning back the heart of his wife by embarking on a 40-day spiritual journey to draw strength, inspiration, and unconditional love from God to save their marriage. At first, I didn't particularly want to watch it, but our parish priest was present at the movie showing to watch with us which kept our feet anchored on our seat to watch together. I love the movie because it portrays the heart of the message about marriage that as husband and wife we need to make it work! The media for God is particularly important to show what and how is true romance that people need to work towards improving what they have, while thinking of finding a new one to restart again! We all encounter triumphs and temptations in our relationships, especially in marriages, that we can only be happy when we fully embrace unconditional love in our daily lives and draw on the strength to live out the challenges of every future days. I deeply thank our parish priest for making this happening for us!

FEB 14, 2010 was definitely a historically memorable day. I had a lot of fun with my husband on that day, celebrating the Valentine's, the Olympic gold, the Chinese New Year with my family. I am as 'confused' as McDull is in the picture, but I see that life is beautiful that we should take every opportunity to congratulate! Give thanks to God for all the wonderful blessings - here at my home, in Vancouver!!!

No comments: