Monday, August 09, 2010

Last Day of Reset!

This morning, I weighed myself to be 154 lbs/ 70 kg. Though I haven't eaten any regular meals lately, I feel like I'm more in control with my body, health, and energy. The fact that I feel less bulky makes a whole world to me. Since my grad in 2004, I underwent a lot of stages in life that changed my family and career choices. After 6 years, I'm back on my feet again. I'm back to school for post-secondary. I have my own family too.

My weight gain was related to the family changes that I experienced during the last year of university. I wasn't feeling happy - either from loneliness or relationship problems. I had to struggle while my church friends were the only ones to support. I could not stay focused in studies, thus the only way to make me stuck at the table was to eat. I felt hard to move on in life and work hard, thus I also eat. When Horace brought me out for dinners, I also eat a lot with him. When I started working, I also eat a lot of carbo to get my energy going because of the stress and anxiety that comes with care-taking special needs children. The cycle becomes uncontrollable that I can feel my body acting out like a balloon blowing up non-stop... I didn't eat a lot, but I still gained weigh. One day, my piano teacher told me that I had to stop this negative cycle. I have to thank him for alerting me! Even though my family doctor advised me to lose weigh before getting pregnant, because I don't want to become a big, fat OBASAN after giving birth to my children.

I'm glad to have felt a bit better - not only physically lighter, but also rewinding myself back to the older days where I was weak at certain aspects in life when I got challenged. This journey means a lot to me! Hope I could still continue with another 4 lbs for the next week! (lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks)

love, pat

No comments: