Monday, February 22, 2010

How to Be a Concert Piano Player

Day 1

This morning, my body woke up with a feeling of strange uneasiness and fatigue. My fingers were ready to play a prelude and fugue by Bach and a sonata by Mozart. My mind was full of excitement, as well as worries, that if my music would be well-accepted, appreciated, and listened to. It takes a good heart to make good music!

Socially, a pianist's successes and falls depend upon whether you can impress your audience or not. However, I honestly think that if a piece of music is well-rehearsed, well-practised, and well-presented, it deserves the gold medal and the deepest heart of the audience.

I don't believe in fame, because it can easily come and go. Or, having the fame and keeping it, it would be even harder. If you just let your natural light to shine, it will make a good charm. If your music is sincere, your audience will feel it that even the simplest form of music will touch the deepest part of their lives.

My journey as a professional piano player begins again one more time. Just like the Russian skater, Yevgeny Plyushchenko, I am back on the scene one more time =)

No comments: