Monday, December 20, 2010

Road to Sainthood

I thought I'd never write about my mother, because her story should end as her life 'ended' about 10 years ago back in Vancouver. My enriched perception about life and death is part of being 'who I am' and 'why I am here.' I feel challenged and confused as my aging father is sharing more and more about himself. What would happen if my father had a second spouse? Why do we live the way that we are today? Is it all about social development or economic advantage? Or, is it because that we all are striving for a fuller spiritual entity that defines who we are as we end our lives on earth? I don't seem to know. Or, I sometimes even struggle with what I feel.

St. Augustine says, "The absence of good is evil." I tell my friends how important it is to be a good person, because we have to do good and choose to do it.

It is a very blessed time to visit the churches in Macau and Hong Kong, because I see a very different life form in this part of the world where the word of God is practised and spread. I enjoy every single moment to pray to God and ask for His providence and peace. Sometimes, the longer I stay in Asia, the more I feel that I'm lost from my Vancouver home. My goal should always be having my eyes on God because I should strive for the uncorrupted body with fragrant prayer reaching up to the heaven. I pray for the repose of my mother's soul and the peace of our family. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: