Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy First Birthday, My Love!

Dear Marcus,

You made it to earth around this time at the hospital last year!  You were born when I finally let go of my own will of natural birth after the Saturday mass of St. Mary's.  It was the very first lesson that you taught mommy about letting go of my plans for the best of your sake.  It was hard.  When I looked at the scar of my tummy, I remember about the recovery of my postpartum.  It was challenging because I lost your grandpa.  Everything seemed very dark, except your smiles and your company through my everyday grief and despair.  Although you cried a lot in the first three months of your life, you actually made me feel more secure than I ever can be.  My life is different because you gave a new meaning to everything in the present and the future!

Today, it's your first birthday.  I have a lot to say to you, but at the same time, my love can never be fully expressed unless I perform actions of love for you.  Daddy and I put together a party for you with your baby friends!  When you will be older, you will be able to see the pictures and look at your friends who were at your party.  I feel very sorry that you don't have grandparents around to celebrate, because both Daddy and I have a job and a network of friends around.  I am sure that Gong Gong and Poh Poh are with you as we celebrate at your birthday.  Yeh Yeh and Maah Maah are also thinking of you from Toronto!

It was a lot of fun that your baby friends ate a lot and your older friends enjoyed the balloons.  It was quite an amazing scene to see!  I can't wait to see more birthday parties coming up for you.  Seeing you growing everyday makes me the happiest person on earth!

We love you, Marcus!

- from Mommy (and Daddy)

No comments: