Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Feelings about Wedding

I was once a bride about 2 years ago on my wedding day with my present hubby. Though people kept telling me how it felt like just happened yesterday, our lives have merged closer and closer together day by day. The wedding day was not an automatic switch for our relationship to grow stronger; however, everything just had to start through step-by-step like babies do.

People always have a preconception about the age of 30 as a benchmark for women to get married. For me, numbers are just numbers, which should mean that life is better. If a woman gets married by 30, but life is more miserable with an unsuitable partner - why bother? It's hard to imagine that there is a set of rules to all these wedding businesses. Most importantly, I think that women should know why they are married to this men and have to fall madly with this person with the rest of their lives, because men would always do or say things to make them feel unloved, unimportant, and neglected.

Since my own wedding, I have a couple of good gal friends who have decided to take on the road of marriage as well. Wedding is an emotional experience - there is nothing that makes the bride and the groom happy, except the love and blessings from everyone and everywhere. I was quite an immature girl without knowing much about love and relationships, but now I think as I got married that the mysteries have started revealing themselves. If I do good, things would have turned good; if I do bad, things would have been the opposite. I must say that I love God more than anything else. Though I demand nothing from God, except His Love for me. It was His salvific love that picked me up from the darkest valleys. I though I'd never trust or love anyone again, but He showed me the way with my husband to seek peace through charity, forgiveness, and unity. Though the wedding day should be the day of heaven for the newly-wed, life just began for them which they shall live out themselves to the fullest as they did firstly promise to one another with God through their vows. I keep reminding myself about how much I could do for my husband and our families, simply because God loves us. I hope that my friends who will be getting married will always live out their love for one another - to bring more others into the presence of Jesus and let God love and change their hearts. I hope that weddings are for a lifetime, because the roles of a man and a woman representing the state of humanity will transform the world and build new homes. May God love more people through these young homes that even the enemies would find a new way into love and life.

How lucky I am to have good friends to share these meaningful life experiences and promises to fulfill a new and better way of life! I love you all.

No comments: