Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A Restful Long Weekend...

As banal as it seems, time flies for the lovely summer in Vancouver! I had so much fun back in July to host my father, Tammy, and a couple of friends' gatherings (eg. church girls, LaSallian boys, choir house blessing). To me, life was chaotic but yet it was meaningful for all those who have visited and left a mark in our early stage of homing.

Because I had to catch up with a couple of galfriends for crafts, we met up to make a couple of cards and share some life stories. Although I have been avoiding to think of a friend who used to make himself 'king' all the time, I am happy for the fact that he is moving onto the next level in life. Certainly, with the high profile of publicity, I need no personal e-mails but yet I still hear about his updates from time to time either from the word of mouth or the mass media. It felt to me almost that the church is crying out loud for having young men to search for vocation. I have two other close friends who are priests, but I guess that they are more mature that I accept them and their vocation. However, is it always a wise idea to promote priestly vocation amongst young men? On the other hand, I'm also seeing a couple of failing examples who are trying to escape from the fact that vocations are not for them. In fact, I'm personally fine with it because we can also learn from these young men as positive examples about discernment to seek holiness in our lives through marriage. It is no sin to get married and have babies!!! I don't see a point why wives get persecuted if their men do not serve the church. Perhaps I sound too harshly from my previous statement. I honestly believe that men should have a desire to become a wise figure seeking God's ways, as opposed to the earthly ways, to stay faithful and practise charity. If people are looking for salaries, societal status, same-aged friends, dating with church girls, or simply dependence upon majors, it would be no point for them to stay serving the community because this is not what the body of Christ is looking for. However, I hope that through prayer we all come to purify our hearts for the sole purpose of serving His Body and His Blood to spread the Good News. I respect those who practise the language of love in their lives by loving their neighbors and giving life to the community.

I also have to honestly reconcile with the older ways of Cantonese tradition, in terms of competition and selfishness. Sometimes, I ask God why I had to immigrate to Canada for studying, working, and getting married here. What is His mission for me? Am I fulfilling His purpose well enough? I just know that my mother and my two family dogs have been gone. I could not keep a house, take care of my brother, and support my father. Was it my fault? Alternatively, am I supposed to blame the perpetrator who deeply hurt our family? Now that I have moved on with a new life, are we coming together as a family finally after all these years? I don't seem to understand all of the nonsense; however, I just know that if I ever want to praise and worship God through a community of sisters in Christ. The males in my life hasn't been too cooperative, kind, and helpful to work out God's plan - because they always want their plans in place, which make me sick, sick, sick... Imagine if there's one (perhaps just my husband), that would be fine. However, it was over a group of five, ten, and more... and they kept reappearing, reappearing... everywhere I go - does it sound like a twilight nightmare? (that's why I cannot sleep now for writing at 4am here) I do not seem to enjoy any of these at all - I wish I could stay away from them. Leave me alone!

As interesting as it can be, men have sore spots that want no one to touch. They were an unreasonable bunch to insist their ways without respecting the other females around. If they ever need a mama to teach them a lesson, I think that we should get dog trainers to chain them into kennels waiting to be re-trained and re-adopted. Sometimes, I don't understand why being a 'king' means so much to them, perhaps they could not find success in their daily lives in career that they need to have a space somewhere else to demonstrate that they are 'the best of the world.' I am not man-bashing, because if he truly loves his life and family with a whole heart, this would not appear to be a problem at all. A good, old, and wise man knows how to make their families happy, healthy, and prosper! Now - do we see anything happening here? Ha, duh! None! As funny as it sounds to me... hahaha

Lots of drama for me to see, contemplate, and watch...
Life is yet to be revealed...
I think that there is a wisdom to many things in life. I see the point why I met this galfriend of mine and shared some stories together. Sometimes, making crafts can definitely be therapeutic after all! =)

No comments: