Saturday, August 07, 2010

Weight Loss Journey

I started trying the USANA Reset program on August 5 (Thurs) to kick start my dieting plan for the goal of losing 30 lbs. On the first day, I was very excited to start the milkshake and nutribars for the morning and the evening with supplements, while I only had a cold ramen (low-glycemic meal) in the afternoon. I didn't know that I had to switch all my 3 meals into milkshake content that I left out 1 meal to achieve the best results of the first day.

As the second day (August 6) went, I thought that it would be a total disaster because it was my husband's birthday. Without much planning ahead, I just said to myself that I had to keep my nutrimeals going, while my husband and my brother will celebrate with BBQ foods/ Thai foods/ and Japadogs. On top of my nutrimeals, I ate just a lot of veggies (eg. grilled zuccini, portebello, eggplant, edamame salad, onion/ lettuce/ tomato salad) and one serving of fruits (which are blueberries only). I thought I did a pretty a good job, except I could not withhold with one bite of toasted marshmellow and two scoops of green tea tofu cheesecake because of my sweet-tooth on my hubby's b-day. In a hindsight, if it were for the USANA Reset program, I would eat a lot of BBQ meat while going for Jap kebab foods at night - it would be a lot of intake with protein, sugar, and fat. However, the concept of going hi-fiber is still not very strong in my mind - firstly, it was because I don't think a lot about fiber, but I do have a good job thinking about going vegetarian. Secondly, I don't think any foods for celebration are hi-fiber - would a birthday cake be hi-fiber? My milkshake contains over 12 kinds of water-soluble and non-soluble proteins that I don't have to worry about not taking enough fiber inside the health system. It feels good to be taken care of the basic needs that I just have to focus my mind on thinking about healthy foods and doing exercises. On the other hand, I also went to the bathroom much more often because my intestines were always making sound. The fiber contents were making me to excrete waste in healthy forms, but in more frequent ways. At the end of the second day, I weigh myself going from 160 lbs to 157 lbs - losing 3 lbs!!!!!!

This morning, I woke up craving about the foods that I could not have yesterday. However, I kept on drinking my breakfast milkshake, which makes me feel very comfortable and heart-warming (because I know that this is good for me). In fact, I discovered that I have little resistance towards sweet things, as well I like to taste and chew the tasty foods like Thai. I don't necessarily feel hungry to eat those, because during the last evening when I finished my strawberry milkshake in the movie theater with my husband that my stomach and my brain tell me that I cannot take in more milkshake anymore. However, I still wanted to eat what my husband ate, eg. Tong Yum Gai, Fish Cake, Beef Salad, and Japadog. As well, everyone around me in the movie theater were holding bags of popcorn, fried chicken, and fries. When I smelled those foods, though it makes my brain feeling a bit craved, but I wanted to vomit as the same time because those foods would definitely make my body sick. It was a good sign because the defensive system of my dieting started to kick in! I wanted to lose weigh and feel better! It was crazy in the world seeing lots of people doing things that are not supposed to be good to themselves... how could I be different from them? Where could I get the support to be different and be healthy again?

I feel happy to be able to share all my feelings about my weight loss journey here! Hope that I will succeed all the way - from 5 lbs to 10 lbs!!! (eventually, 30 lbs!!!!)

No comments: