Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stillness

Last weekend, I attended the retreat of Mariapolis in the midst of personal and family commitments. I didn't expect anything before the retreat, thus I just went with a heart of letting God's will and His spirit to guide me along the way. God never failed upon me - as long as I emptied myself, I saw heaven with a grateful heart. The stillness of God's spirit gave me a lot of inner strength to build upon stronger relationships with my family members. I am still very surprised with the peaceful messages that are ringing in my everyday life now!

There have been many things happening since the last month of June!
1. Piano Exam - I could now proceed into ARCT Performer's and prepare my current students for future exams
2. LA Trip - I went to visit my hubby at his work conference and brought him to Disneyland. I was lucky to have visited Peter Li and his family!
3. Mariapolis Retreat - I had to take this retreat as a priority over FIFA! That was hard!! I was delighted to see Maria before she will be back to Hong Kong for good.
4. Best friends' visit - My maid-of-honor, Tammy, came to visit me with her friend, Christie, from their graduating class! Congrats with best wishes upon their career!
5. Housewarming parties - with Chin, Grace, Tim, Muffin, Brenda, Germ, Celine, Alvina, Carmen, Uncle Peter Choy and family, Uncle Peter Lung and family, Lu and family
6. Friends' weddings - Billy & Shelley, Denny & Jenny, and Agnes & Walter

Most importantly, I have to gradually let other volunteers to take over several choir duties in preparation for the crazy Term 1 of 11 courses!!!

A well-rested break is desperately needed... hope the stillness of heart would be fervently alive for the rest of my summer days.

No comments: